The Site is owned and operated by BEenergy, a company registered in Ireland with the company registration number 496678, BEenergy, 15 Clanwilliam Terrace, Grand Canal Quay, Dublin 2.
The following comprises details of how we use any personal data (as defined in Data Protection Legislation) that you supply to us and information on the cookies used on the Site.
Collection of Personal Data
The nature of the personal data which we keep on record may include your name, address, email address, bank account number and sort code, date of birth, contact details or any other information that you provide to us. Your personal data will only be used as stated herein and in our Energy Supply Contract for residential customers and/or in such other circumstances where there is an obligation to do so or where we have your consent. We may also process your personal data to investigate or prevent fraud or if the law permits it or it is in the public interest.
BEenergy collects personal data for many reasons through a number of channels – primarily to provide you with a service. To the extent that BEenergy collects personal data from you in the course of providing services to you, BEenergy will process such personal data in accordance with Data Protection Legislation, to administer your account, to provide our services and products and to comply with our duties under applicable law. The purposes for which your personal data is collected are described below, along with a brief description of how your personal data may be handled in each case.
- Communicating with you. We use your information in order to provide you with a service – this includes ongoing account management and other related products and services provision. We also follow up on information requests via telephone, e-mail, by post or in person. To ensure that BEenergy provide a quality service your telephone conversations may be recorded. BEenergy will treat the recorded information as confidential and it will only be used for training and/or quality control, account management, verification and customer satisfaction purposes or any other purposes mentioned in the Energy Supply Contract, if relevant.
- Direct marketing and promotion. Direct marketing and/or promotional efforts by or on behalf of BEenergy via telephone, e-mail, text message, by post or in person, in accordance with your preferences with information about products and service (relating to BEenergy or other products and services including those offered by third parties) which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to be contacted please exercise your right to opt out as directed in the direct marketing communication or by contacting us using the details below.
- Account Registration and Management. We may process your personal data for the purposes of setting up, monitoring and managing your account as notified in Clause 14 of the Energy Supply Contract as part of customer registration and service supply.
We will retain your personal data only for as long as is required and for the purposes for which it was originally given. The personal details are then destroyed unless we are legally obliged to retain the data and/or transmit it to a regulatory or government authority.
You may request a copy of, or notify us of any changes to, your personal data by calling us on our Freephone 1800 817 383, or by writing to us at the address set out above and in accordance with our obligations under Data Protection Legislation, we will update or delete your personal data accordingly.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text which are stored on your computer or other devices by your web browser. Using cookies on our website allows us to understand how you use the site, so we can improve your experience through layout, navigation, content, and relevant advertising. There are four different types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
These are essential cookies which allow you to navigate our website properly, giving you access to all the features and functions of the site.
We use these cookies to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors, where visitors come from and the pages they visited, for example in Google Analytics.
These cookies allow us to remember the individual choices you made while visiting our website and helps us to enhance your user experience, for example your location settings, login details etc.
These cookies are anonymous and they help us collect information on our advertising campaigns. This in turn allows us to make our ads more relevant to our website users. This means you should generally only see ads relating to your personal interests and you won’t constantly see the same ones.
- We will comply with the Data Protection legislation, so any personal data that you supply to us will be used for the purposes indicated below. Please do not give us information if you do not want it stored. The nature of the personal data that we keep on record may include your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and fax number. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity from you.
- The information that we obtain and hold about you and your company will be used to provide you with information in relation to BEenergy products and services and for the purpose of communicating with you and/or your company. The information will also be used to manage and administer this site. The information will only be used as stated herein and/or in such other circumstances where there is an obligation to do so, or as the law permits, or where we have your consent.
- The information we hold about you is confidential and will only be disclosed outside the users of this website at your request or with your consent, to investigate or prevent fraud or if the law permits it or it is in the public interest. Normally any personal/business details provided by you to us will not be exported outside the EEA. In the event of any information being disclosed outside the EEA, we have strict security procedures in place.
- We will retain your personal data only for as long as is required and for the purposes for which it was originally given. The personal details are then destroyed unless we are legally obliged to retain the data and/or transmit it to a regulatory or government authority.
- We would ask that you keep us informed (by email, telephone, or in writing) of any changes in your personal data so that we may have our records up to date at all times.
- Nothing on this website constitutes advice, nor does the transmission, downloading or sending of any information create any contractual relationship. BEenergy accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage suffered by any user of the information contained on this website.
- By continuing to use this website you are deemed to accept the above terms and conditions.
- Upon payment of a fee and by written request to The Data Protection Officer, BEenergy, you are entitled to a copy of the personal data held about you by us, as provided for under the Data Protection Act. You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information.
How to block cookies
In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, click Internet Options, and then click the Privacy tab. Cookies can be blocked or allowed by clicking on the Sites button entering the website address followed by Allow or Block and Ok. For other browsers, check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies.
As cookies are used throughout our website, disabling them may prevent you from using the functionality in certain parts of the site.
Please contact us if you would like further information.